Monday, March 12, 2007

the revolution is just beginning

From David Lee King's blog -

Just a random thought floating around my head the last few days. Next month, I’m speaking about planning and implementing Library 2.0 at
Computers in Libraries. Quite a few of my colleagues frequently talk about web 2.0, library 2.0, and similar types of “emerging trends” topics. And I have like 2000 different online accounts for everything from flickr to gobs of social networking sites to my various bad video endeavors.
But you know what? All this wicked cool stuff is still pretty new. Really. Here’s a sampling:


In my book, most of this stuff is still pretty new. Features change frequently, some are still considered to be “in beta,” and people are still figuring out what to do with them. Certainly libraries are right there - we have to figure out what to do with them both for staff and for public computer users.
So - that’s why this post is titled “the revolution is just beginning.” In three more years, it will look WAY different from what it does now.
And I can’t wait!

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 License.